Raita is a yogurt based condiment that is served with rice or rotis. There are tons of variations using different vegetables. When my friend Rachel sent me anaheim peppers, the first thing that came to my mind was to make this raita that we normally make with okra. I do not get fresh okra here and this served as a nice alternative.
Cumin added a nice touch and we had the raita with brinjal rice. Off to the recipe.
Yogurt mixed with cooked anaheim peppers and spices.
- oil - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp (kadugu)
- urad dal - 1 tsp (ulutham paruppu)
- bell pepper - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- anaheim pepper - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- yogurt - 1 cup
Homemade yogurt can be made following this link
- salt - to taste
- cumin powder - 1 tsp
Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal. When the dal turns golden brown, add the peppers.
Saute until the peppers are cooked. Allow to cool and add to yogurt along with salt and cumin powder. Mix and serve with rice or roti.
2 years ago: Rava Dosa
1. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal.2. When the dal turns golden brown, add the bell pepper and anaheim pepper.3. Saute until the peppers are done. Allow to cool.4. Add the peppers, salt and cumin powder to yogurt and mix well.5. Raita ready. Serve with rice or roti.
Tasty raita ready.