I have never thought of adding green beans to salad and thanks to my friend Rachel who popped this salad idea into my head . When she sent home a big box of fresh picked green beans all washed and ready to go (thanks to Esther), my brain as usual wanted to make rice or lentil gravy with it. When she stopped by the next day one thing led to another and she mentioned this salad and I was all set immediately since it has my favorite beans in it.
The salad dressing I use is usually lemon juice and olive oil since I do not usually have store bought dressings nor am I inclined to try anything that involves more ingredients . The salad was a breeze to put together in spite of me using home cooked beans rather than the canned variety. The flavors mingle more on sitting for a couple of hours and this salad is best served cold and is perfect for the hot summer. Off to the recipe.
Healthy salad with beans and more.
- beans - 2 cups - cut into 1 inch pieces
- garbanzo - 2 cups - cooked
- red kidney beans - 2 cups - cooked
- cucumber - 1/2 cup - diced
- onion - 12 cup - chopped
- tomatoes - 1/2 cup - chopped
- For Dressing
- garlic - 1 clove - smashed
- lemon juice - 4 tsp
- olive oil - 4 tsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
Blanch green beans and mix with other ingredients.
Mix ingredients for dressing and toss with salad. Serve chilled or as is.
I used fresh green beans. You can also use canned beans.
1 year ago: Onion Paratha
2 years ago: Jalapeno Thogayal
3 years ago: Mexican Enchilada Sauce
4 years ago: Blueberry Oats Bars
1. Blanch green beans by adding to boiling water for a few minutes and plunging in cold water.2. Mix ingredients for dressing.3. Mix all the ingredients for salad.4. Add the dressing.5. Toss together and serve chilled or as is.
Healthy salad ready.