Soup need not be necessarily reserved for the cold weather. We enjoy soup all through the year because they are easy to put together and very healthy too. A simple bowl of soup along with a crusty bread is all we crave during some week nights. While in India, I have never heard of asparagus, but the lack of vegetables in my current place pushed me to try new vegetables. My first attempt was sambar with asparagus years ago, and it was a flop. I never considered trying it again since we fell in love with asparagus fry and now this soup. Garbanzo thickens the soup nicely and all the flavors mingle well. Off to the recipe.
Asparagus Chickpea Soup
Healthy soup with asparagus and chickpeas.
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- garlic - 2 cloves - minced
- onion - 1/2 cup - chopped
- asparagus - 1 1/2 cups - cut into small pieces
- garbanzo - 1/2 cup - cooked
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- water - 2 cups
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
Heat oil and saute onions and garlic. Add asparagus, garbanzo, salt and pepper. Saute for a few minutes and blend well with water.
Meanwhile saute a few asparagus pieces for garnish if desired. Add to the pureed soup and serve.
2 years ago: Cauliflower Fry
3 years ago: Falafel
1. Heat oil and add garlic and onion.2. Saute until onion is cooked.3. Add asparagus, garbanzo, salt and pepper. Saute for a few minutes.4. Add water and blend well.5. Meanwhile saute few asparagus pieces in oil for garnish.6. Pureed soup.7. Garnish with asparagus and serve.
Healthy and tasty soup ready.
One Response to Asparagus Chickpea(Garbanzo) Soup
Yummy! That looks great- loving the lemon juice, which goes so well with both chana and asparagus. Asparagus is almost in season here in Europe and I’m just looking for excuses to buy some