Aloo Tikki is a popular street food in India. “Aloo” means potato in Hindi and these patties are made with potatoes and interesting spices. Normally the patties are served as a snack with ketchup, chutney, etc., but here I have chosen to use it for dinner by using it as a patty. For the burger I have used whole wheat buns that was homemade.
Potatoes and bread are a perfect combo and each bite was flavorful. Even my picky eaters enjoyed it. For other burger ideas look up this black bean burger. Off to the recipe.
Burger patties with potatoes and spices.
- potatoes - 8 - small size (cooked and mashed)
- garbanzo - 1/4 cup - cooked
- chilly powder - 1/2 - 1 tsp - adjust to taste
- coriander powder - 2 tsp
- cumin powder - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- flax meal - 1 tbsp (mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- cilantro - 1/4 cup - packed (chopped)
- carrot - 1/4 cup - grated
- oil - as needed
- Burger Toppings - onion, tomato, cheese, etc - as needed
Boil potatoes, peel and mash coarsely. Puree the cooked garbanzo.
Mix all the ingredients except oil. Form patties and cook on a heated griddle by drizzling enough oil as needed.
Toast the burger buns using butter and assemble the burger with onions, tomatoes, cheese, etc.
Handle the patties delicately.
1 year ago: Spinach Onion Thool Pakoda
2 years ago: Making Butter from Heavy Cream
3 years ago: Homemade Bagels
1. Boil potatoes, peel and mash coarsely.2. Puree the cooked garbanzo in a blender.3. Take all the ingredients except oil.4. Mix well.5. Form patties and cook on a heated griddle. Drizzle oil around the edges.6. Flip over and cook the other side.7. Toast the burger buns with butter.8. Assemble the burger and enjoy.
Yummy burger ready.