If you have been trying to include quinoa in your diet, salads are an easy way to start off. You adjust the quantity of quinoa to your liking and a tasty and filling meal is ready in minutes. Salads are pretty versatile and you can add any vegetable or fruit of choice. Quinoa has a nutty flavor and mingles perfectly with the remaining ingredients in this salad.For other quinoa recipes that have been posted, please look up this link. Off to the recipe.
1 year ago: French Herb Bread
Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad
Healthy salad with quinoa, black beans and more.
- corn - 2 cups
- quinoa - 3/4 cup - uncooked
- black beans - 2 cups
- red bell pepper - 1 1/4 cup - diced
- onion - 1/4 cup - chopped
- cilantro - 1/2 cup - packed (chopped)
- carrots - 1/2 cup - cut thinly
- avocado - 1
- For Dressing
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- lemon juice - 4 tbsp (adjust to taste)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
Steam corn. Cook quinoa and allow to cool a bit.
Mix the ingredients for dressing and toss with the remaining ingredients.
2 years ago: Chinese Vegetable Soup
3 years ago: Marble Cake
1. Steam corn and keep aside.2. Refer to this post and cook quinoa. Allow to cool a bit.3. Mix ingredients for dressing.4. Take all ingredients except avocado in a bowl.5. Toss together with dressing.6. Add avocado and toss gently to combine.
Healthy salad ready.
One Response to Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad
Thanks for this colourful and healthy bowl! I love quinoa, but have none at the moment because I couldn’t get fairtrade from our usual supplier. The people who grow quinoa have been priced out of being able to eat this traditional staple themselves because of international demand- so buying fairtrade ensures they get paid enough for growing it to actually eat it themselves.