You might still have abundant zucchini in your garden and this is one tasty way to use up the zucchini. Thanks to my friend Rachel, I get fresh zucchini from her garden every summer. Nothing beats the taste of fresh vegetables and I use it in a variety of dishes from burrito to stir fries.Since my kids love pasta and the packet of fettuccine has been lying in the pantry for way too long, I decided to use it up for this dish. The kids loved it and went for seconds and more. Parmesan adds a ton of flavor to the dish. Off to the recipe.
Noodles with zucchini.
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- garlic - 5 - 6 cloves
- zucchini - 2 - sliced thinly
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- fettuccine - 4 - 5 oz (dry pasta)
- parmesan cheese - as needed
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Heat oil and add cumin seeds and garlic. Next add the zucchini, salt and pepper; when zucchini is tender add the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.
Toss to combine.
You can use a mandolin or a peeler to slice the zucchini.
1 year ago: Potato-Garbanzo Snack
2 years ago: Spinach-Strawberry and Quinoa Salad
3 years ago: Mango Pickle
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.2. Add garlic.3. Add the zucchini, salt and pepper.4. Saute for a few minutes until the zucchini is tender.5. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.6. Add the pasta and parmesan to the zucchini mixture. Toss to combine.
Tasty pasta ready.