My preferred way of having tofu is when it is baked and slightly crispy. I have always cut the tofu in cubes, marinated and baked in the oven as in this recipe. This is a variation and I sliced it into big pieces that can be served as an appetizer or chop it and add to salad, pasta and so on. Whoever thinks that tofu is bland, do reconsider tofu and try baking it. I am sure you will love it.The marinade added a lot of flavor and the kids could not have enough of it plus it is super easy to make. Off to the recipe.
Easy spicy baked tofu.
- ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- soy sauce - 2 - 3 tsp
- chilli sauce - 1 1/2 tsp
- red chilli sauce - 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- tomato paste - 1/2 tsp
- cumin powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- tofu - 1 box - pressed and sliced into 1 cm thick pieces
Mix all ingredients except tofu. Press tofu to remove moisture and slice into 1 cm thick pieces.
Spread mixture on one side of each piece and bake in a preheated 375F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread mixture on the other side. Bake again for about 15 - 20 minutes.
Broil on low for a few minutes if needed. Slice and serve with ketchup or add to pasta and so on.
Press tofu for at least 30 minutes to remove moisture. I normally place tofu on an inverted plate and place something heavy on top.
1 year ago: Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
2 years ago: Brinjal Curry with Pepper Powder
1. Take all ingredients except tofu in a bowl.2. Mix well.3. Press tofu to remove moisture and slice into 1 cm thick pieces. 4. Spread the paste on one side of each piece and bake in a 375F preheated oven for 15 minutes.5. Out of the oven.6. Flip over and spread the paste on the other side. Bake again for 15 - 20 minutes.7. Out of the oven. You can broil on low if needed.
Healthy snack ready.
Linking to “New U – 2014” and Luv2Bake.