This salsa that also works as a salad is tasty and healthy. I am leaning a lot towards to salads, salsa and soups these days. When I saw strawberries at the store, a ton of things ranging from strawberry shortcake to pancakes were running in my mind. But then after coming home I decided to make salsa. Quick and healthy is always the winner for me. So, the shortcakes have to wait for some other time.
It is also refreshing to look at the fresh ingredients in the salsa and this can be eaten as a salad too. The weird thing was that K found the salsa to be sweet and I found it to be tart. The strawberries were mostly tart and slightly sweet and the salsa reflected the same. So, it depends on the strawberries and your taste buds I suppose. Off to the recipe.
- strawberries - 2 cups - chopped
- onion - 3 tbsp - finely chopped
- jalapeno - as needed
- bell pepper - 2 - 3 tbsp - finely chopped
- cilantro - 3 tbsp - chopped
- salt - to taste
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp - adjust to taste
Toss all the ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips.
1. I used a small green chilly (Indian variety) since I did not have jalapeno on hand.
1 year ago: Baba Ganoush
1. Take strawberries in a bowl.2. Add onion, jalapeno and bell pepper.3. Add cilantro.4. Add salt.5. Add lemon juice.6. Toss it all together.