A long overdue post that I clicked when the gardens were overflowing with cucumbers. When I think of a dip for vegetables the first thing that comes to my mind is ranch dressing followed by hummus. There you go that is my knowledge of dips because growing up, we did not have dips for carrots or cucumbers.
I had this dip at my friend Rachel’s house and was immediately hooked. She also gave me some fresh cucumbers and dill from her garden and there was nothing stopping me from whipping this easy dip. I loved it so much that I made it multiple times in the following weeks. Along with giving me fresh vegetables from the garden, I came to know a lot of new recipes from Rachel this year. I followed the original recipe with just a small modification. Recipe slightly adapted from here.
Greek yogurt and cucumber dip.
- greek yogurt - 1/2 cup
- cucumber - 1/2 cup - grated
- dill - 1 tsp - chopped - fresh dill preferred
- garlic - 1 clove - minced
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- cumin powder - 1/4 tsp - optional
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
Mix all ingredients together and serve with crackers, falafels, vegetables and so on.
1. To make greek yogurt at home, take regular yogurt and place in a muslin cloth over a colander and let it drip overnight in the fridge. For 1/2 cup greek yogurt I used 2 cups fat free yogurt.
1 year ago: Pesarattu (Whole Green Gram Dal Dosai)
1. Take greek yogurt in a bowl.2. Add cucumber, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Add cumin powder if using.3. Add lemon juice.4. Mix well and use as a dip with crackers or with falafels and so on.
Easy dip ready. We had it with crackers.