It was a crazy work filled weekend and my friends say that it is because I pile up too much on me. It could be true, but I just do not know to sit and relax . Added to that we are going through a phase where my 4 yr old is crying for everything. She does not want to be touched even accidentally, picks on big brother (I know !!!) only to be pushed down by him and then there is more crying. Finally, she has this magical way of getting everyone to her side by saying “I love you – I am your baby”. Of course I melt and fall for it every single time .
Coming to this dip, in spite of it being super easy, I had been postponing it for a while because guacamole is not on my favorite list. That was until I made this dip and the lemon juice did the magic. I added enough to get that nice tangy taste and the other ingredients blended well with the avocado. I could be pretty close to saying that I might like this a tad more than the tomato salsa . The creamy dip was over in a matter of minutes once the pictures were done. Off to the recipe.
Tangy dip with mashed avocado.
- avocado - 1
- lemon juice - 1 - 2 tbsp
- onions - 1 tbsp - choppped
- tomatoes - 1/4 cup - chopped
- jalapeno - as needed - chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves - minced
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- cilantro - 1 - 2 tbsp - chopped
1. Slice and remove the pit from avocado.
2. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash using a fork.
3. Add lemon juice, onion, tomato, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro and salt.
4. Mix well and serve with crackers or chips.
Last year : Plantain Podi.
1. Slice the avocado and remove the pit.
2. Remove the flesh from the avocado and place in a bowl. I use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
3. Mash the avocado with the fork.
4. Add lemon juice.
5. Add onion, tomato, garlic and jalapeno. Mix.
6. Add cilantro. Mix.
7. Add salt.
8. Mix it all together.
Yummmm .. perfect with those crispy crackers.