There is a ton of cheese available in the market, but I have always stuck myself with cheddar for my cooking. We do buy pepper jack or mozzarella for the kids to have with crackers. This is the first time I am using fresh mozzarella since it was on sale and I had always wanted to try it. Feta, gorgonzola and so on are on my list too . The fresh mozzarella tasted like paneer, but softer. It melts in the mouth and the kids went crazy asking for more. Paired with the creamy avocado, this salad is definitely a keeper.
Years back when I first started cooking with cheese, of all the cheeses I decided to use mozzarella for the white sauce. This is not the fresh form and I grated it and added to sauce only to find it curdling in a few minutes. I panicked and was not sure what went wrong and finally went back to my good old cheddar. That incident makes me laugh even now . This salad like most salads that use vegetables is pretty versatile. Off to the recipe.
Fresh Mozzarella Salad
Fresh mozzarella tossed with cucumbers, avocado, garbanzo, salt, pepper and more.
- avocado - 3/4 cup - chopped
- mozzarella - 1/2 cup - fresh mozzarella - chopped
- cucumber - 3/4 cup - chopped
- tomatoes - 1/4 cup - chopped
- cilantro - 2 tbsp - chopped (coriander leaves)
- garbanzo - 1/2 cup - cooked (channa/mookadalai)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- chilly powder - 1/8 tsp - optional
- chaat masala - 1/4 tsp - optional - gives a tangy flavor
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp
1. Take avocado, mozzarella, cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro and garbanzo in a bowl.
2. Add salt, pepper, chilly powder, chaat masala and lemon juice.
3. Toss it all together for a tasty salad.
1. Chilly powder can be omitted or adjusted to taste.
2. Canned garbanzo can also be used. If using dry garbanzo, soak overnight and cook.
Last Year : Spicy Biscuit
1. Take avocados and mozzarella in a bowl. In this post I have shown how to chop the avocado.
2. Add cucumbers.
3. Add tomatoes and cilantro.
4. Add garbanzo, salt, pepper, chilly powder and chaat masala.
5. Add lemon juice.
6. Toss it all together.
Tasty salad ready.
4 Responses to Fresh Mozzarella Salad
ho wow. must say i do not like avocado but this salad is tempting me.
My favourite salad, i dont add chickpeas,next time will add it.
salad sounds delicious n refreshing…can’t wait to try it…good shots too !!
I love fresh mozarella a lot.. This salad looks so healthy and delicious.