When we think of celebration be it big or small, the first thing we want to make is something sweet. A group of bloggers initiated by Reva have joined to welcome baby Kavin and congratulations to the new mom Krithi. This seemed to be a perfect occasion to make this delicious and easy Indian dessert.
You could cut back on the ghee and use a little milk to bind the mix. I wanted to keep it the way my mom described since it was for a special occasion. As before, I had a whole bunch doubts on whether I will be able to form the balls and so on. But, as you can see it turned out very well and I have been sneaking in small bits now and then, which is a surprise since I am not a huge fan of desserts. There is something about that fresh ghee I suppose
Off to the recipe.
Rava LadooPrint Recipe
By August 1, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 laddoos
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Easy and tasty Indian dessert.
- 1 cup rava (sooji)
- 3/4 cup sugar (adjust to the level of sweetness desired)
- 8 - 10 cashews
- few raisins
- 2 cardamom pods (powder the seeds)
- 5 - 6 tbsp ghee (keep it warm)
- Dry roast sooji until lightly brown. Allow to cool and take in a blender along with sugar. Powder finely.
- In a little ghee roast cashews and raisins. Keep aside.
- To the powdered sooji, add cardamom powder, roasted cashews, raisins and ghee. Mix well.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and make tight balls. Add more ghee if the mixture does not form a ball.
- You can cut down on the ghee by using a little milk to bind the mix together. However, this reduces the shelf life a lot.
- Do not add all the ghee at the beginning. Add a few tbsp and mix together. If you are not able to form the ball, add some warm ghee and bring a small portion of the mix together. Form a few balls from that small portion and repeat the process for the remaining mix using warm ghee. (My mom’s tip)
Easy and tasty ladoos ready.
Checkout the other friends participating in the virtual shower Priya Suresh, Priya Sreeram, Priya Mahadevan, Radhika, PJ, Shama, Nupur Mehra, Melange, Anu, Reva and Denise in wishing Krithi a happy motherhood.
9 Responses to Rava Ladoo – Welcome Baby Kavin
Mmmmmmm ladoos looks super tasty, tempting too.
Rava laddoos looks superb.. Loved it Vardhini.. This has always been my favourite and doesn’t fail to make me drool..
These Rava Ladoo’s are so tempting Vardhini, last week my grandmom made it too. Beautiful Clicks!
Lovely looking laddoos.. perfect
Lovely pics and delicious ladoos!
Rava ladoo is a family favorite… Gorgeous presentation and thank you for the party vardhini..
Wow perfect ladoos…my fav they are….yum!
Love this and ur pics make it so so tempting
simple but elegant sweet- i remember my granny making it often