Time for the Gourmet Seven and for this month we have decided to go Indian with kebabs. This is my first experience with kebabs and I went with the simplest one using mashed vegetables. Kebabs are very versatile and you could add cooked and mashed garbanzo or any vegetable of choice. It was really fun to make it and I was nervous at the beginning wondering how the kebab would hold up against the skewers and so on. But, all turned out well andwe loved it. Off to the recipe.
Vegetable KebabsPrint Recipe
By July 2, 2012Published:
- Yield: 5 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
Oven baked healthy snack made using mashed vegetables.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 cup green peas (I used frozen)
- 2 carrots (grated - about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- chilly powder (to taste)
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- Cook potatoes and peas and mash coarsely. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, onion, spinach, salt, chilly powder and chaat masala to the potato mix. Combine well.
- Form small balls of the mix. Take each ball and press against the skewer forming a log. Repeat for other balls.
- Place the kebabs in a greased sheet and spray them with oil. Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 25 - 30 minutes turning once in the middle. The kebabs are done when the tops are browned.
1. Keep the kebabs thin. Thick ones will not cook well in the middle.
Healthy and tasty kebabs.