Day 3 of the blogging marathon with theme “Evening Snacks / Tiffin”. I am always on the lookout for cookies that are not too sweet or are savory and when I saw this in the book, I had to try it out. Kasturi methi and cumin add such a unique flavor to these bite-size cookies and they flew out in a matter of hours. The kids loved it and I was requested to make them again.
When I bought the biscuit cutter sometime back, I was smiling looking at the smallest one since I had no idea what to do with it. Well, I was able to put that cutter to good use with these cookies. Recipe adapted from Classic Indian Cooking by Julie Sahni.
Kasturi Methi CrackersPrint Recipe
By June 19, 2012Published:
- Yield: 50 bite size crackers
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Healthy crackers with kasturi methi (dry fenugreek leaves).
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp kasturi methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (roasted and crushed)
- 2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- Take cumin seeds in a pan and dry roast. Allow to cool and pound coarsely.
- Take all purpose flour and wheat flour in a bowl and add salt, kasturi methi and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add butter and ghee and mix well.
- Using water form a dough. Divide dough into two pieces. Roll the first piece into a 10 inch circle.
- Cut into small cookies using a 1.5 inch biscuit cutter. Prick the cookies using a fork to prevent them from puffing up. Repeat with other piece.
- Place cut cookies in a lined baking sheet and bake at 375F for around 10 minutes. Then flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.